Sunday, January 6, 2008

Goodbye to the Holidays

As is obvious from the dates of these entries, I ate through the holidays completely unchecked by the flog . . . . oops. Well, I’m not one for New Years resolutions, but now is as good as any time to pick up and do this again. I’ve invited my sister-in-law to contribute as well. Perhaps I’ll invite others and we can all flog together. So, here goes:

Wed, January 2, 2008

8:30 Breakfast was herbal tea and 2 c tomato soup (I’m getting a cold). (ss)

10:30 1 cheese stick (p)

12:30 1 grilled ham & cheese sandwich on whole wheat. 1.5 c butternut soup with a scoop of yogurt. (sssspp)

5:30 pm 2 c chicken chili with cheese & yogurt, 2.5 corn muffins, carrots, celery and ranch yogurt/cottage cheese dip. (ssssspp)

This day was alright. Granted I’ve got a bit of a head cold and don’t feel much like eating in general, but if I can keep up on my flog, I’ll do just fine.

Over the holidays I appear to have breached 270 yet again. I started seeing my food therapist about a year and a half ago when I was at 282. I got down to about 247 when we moved after about 7 months (35 pounds!). Now, nearly a year later, I have put back on over 20 of those. This will stop. The scale is now headed back down!

Thurs, January 3, 2008

I have two pair of size 22 jeans and one size 20 I’d bought a year ago. Now none of them fit. I just went and purchased two more pair of 24s so I have pants to wear.

9:00 am 1 cauliflower egg w/cheese and 1 piece ham (I mix cauliflower puree into my scrambled eggs—lots of Vitamin C)

1 piece banana bread and 2/3 c smoothie (with soy protein and flax—good for you!) ppss

11:00 2 oz Tofu with soy sauce (pp)

12:30 1 c pasta with ricotta and1 c chili (sssspp)

3:00 1 pc banana bread (s)

4:30 ½ banana (s)

5:00 1 very large fish taco salad (sssppp)

8:00 pm 1 wedge of Elliot’s leftover quesadilla (sad but true)

9:45 pm 1 c pasta with ricotta (ssp)

Sunday, January 6, 2008

(yes, I skipped most of the weekend . . .—let me try and re-cap—Friday’s dinner involved orange chicken and broccoli—brown rice, that was a healthy choice. Saturday involved a turkey burger for dinner with yam oven fries and then several chocolate covered peanuts and a piece of chocolate while playing games late into the night—see why I conveniently left out Friday and Saturday?)

1:00 pm (it was fast Sunday, I only made it until the bad pot luck after church . .. )

1 meat ball, 1 piece of something resembling turkey or chicken, 2.3 c rice, 2 little smokies, a couple of slices of cheese, a few beans, a bite of corn, some really nasty sweet potatoes with water chestnuts (??), a cup of punch and a piece of chocolate pie. And no, it wasn’t worth it.

3:00 ½ turkey burger leftover.

5:30 2 pieces lasagna, 1 c salad

9:00 2 chocolate covered pretzels.

I have to say that just in doing this pretty well this week, I’m already “down” a couple of pounds—granted it’s mostly water from the water I was retaining after salty, fatty snacking all through the holidays, but it makes me feel great knowing that just being accountable to the “flog” (and my new “floggies” Rebecca and Bob) helps and I can make progress. I love Rebecca’s moral victories. I realize I’m not alone and I think I’ll post my own. Today’s moral victory—I’m posting this at 11:30 pm and thinking about having a snack before I turn in, but I think I won’t. Someone on some TV show the other night, having lost like 150 pounds said she began to ask herself “how will I feel 5 minutes after I eat that?” every time she wanted to eat something. Tonight I can say that if I had that snack, in 5 minutes, I would be lying in bed, not feeling so good physically or emotionally. So, I think I will skip it.

No comments: